Monday, January 11, 2010

I Capture the Castle (location change)

Happy 2010! Mommy Salon is back in swing this Thursday, January 14th at 7. However, please note that we'll be meeting at Kristy Robinson's house again, rather than at Alicia's. I read I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith, over Christmas break and was intrigued! Among the questions I'm excited to discuss on Thursday are:
  • What do you think about Jacob Wrestling and Mortmain's current project?

  • Are Cassandra's feelings just "calf-love" as Rose accused, or for real?

  • Would you want to live in an old abandoned castle?!

Anyway, I thought it was great. I laughed aloud several times (dang, should've marked those pages!) and enjoyed it thoroughly. See you Thursday!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Other topics you might discuss: What is causing the blending of the different social classes?Perceptions - who is to judge when anger and disagreements turn to abuse (the reason Mr. Mortmain was incarcerated)? What does the title of the book symbolize? Why do you think Mr. Mortmain has such a terrible case of writer's block?

This is just my favorite book, so I hope you don't mind me giving some suggestions. Have fun with your discussion!