Monday, October 13, 2008
The Hiding Place meeting
Yay! Our meeting for The Hiding Place will take place this Wednesday, 7 pm, at Melissa's house. Feel free to post any comments you have about the book, and PLEASE leave comments on this posts containing questions about politics and government for Diane's husband Bill, who is coming to tell us about, well, politics and government. We'd like to get some questions to him in advance, but he will be happy to answer questions on the spot as well. Bill works in the governor's office. See you Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm posting the first question! Bill, is it feasible to win local public office without being "in" with all the party gurus? Can we make a difference in community government without having to crack into party bureaucracy? Is bureaucracy even the right word to use? :)
My question is maybe the same thought that drove Alicia's :) maybe not...anyhow...I want to know what position is the bottom rung, the first step? I'm 25 now, so I'm ready for my world domination conquest! What could I run for?
Can you explain how parties work in general? To what extent is their power legislated? Do candidates have to be nominated through party processes in order to be placed on the ballot? For that matter, how do candidates get on the ballot?
Post a Comment